Work with us in making a difference in the lives of the women at Next Step Ministries.
What We’re Looking For
Next Step Ministries (NSM) is a Christian organization based in Calgary, whose vision is for women to exit sexual exploitation and discover their identity. Partnering with churches, other agencies and the community, NSM is committed to walking alongside these women as they break the cycles of addiction and abuse. NSM provides outreach services, housing, day classes, and follow care support for women exiting sexual exploitation.
This is a full time position at 40 hours/week and reports to the Executive Director (ED). The Development & Volunteer Officer is employed by Next Step Ministries to oversee the areas of Donor Development and Volunteers Services. This position requires some local travel, seeing as it involves meeting various stakeholders in the community.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the ED on the ongoing strategy and implementation of the donor development plan;
• Lead the fundraising / development portfolio;
• Clearly communicate the message of what Next Step Ministries does to relevant stakeholders;
• Public speaker and ambassador for Next Step Ministries;
• Learn about and implement current fundraising and donor development trends into the organization;
• Build and maintain relationships with potential, current, and past donors;
• Develop and implement a consistent donor appreciation strategy;
• Explore individuals and groups who share the same values and passion for what NSM does and invite them into partnership;
• Research and build campaign lists of potential foundations in Grant Advance, write and send out Letters of Intent (LOIs) and Proposals;
• Maintain relationships with foundations who currently fund the organization and work with the team to meet reporting deadlines;
• Apply to appropriate government grants;
• Ensure donor information is recorded accurately in Sumac;
• Oversee all fundraising events and campaigns.
• Develop a strategic plan for how to find, train, and use volunteers for maximum impact at NSM;
• Keep current and accurate volunteer information in Sumac;
• Work with Outreach, Housing, Day Program, and Follow Care Coordinators to keep up to date on volunteer opportunities available within NSM’s programs;
• Track Volunteer hours;
• Coordinate and run Volunteer Trainings on a quarterly basis;
• Show appreciation to volunteers on a regular basis, both individually and with an annual event.
• Compile and provide regular reports to the ED and the Board;
• Attend monthly staff meetings and board meetings as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Degree in fundraising or equivalent experience;
• AFP or CFRE registration an asset;
• Comfortable and confident at public speaking to convey the Next Step Ministries message;
• Proven experience raising funds for non-profit agencies;
• Experience developing and working with volunteers;
• Must have a desire to serve and the ability to lead within Next Step Ministries;
• Able to be self-motivated, set own goals and targets and work independently;
• Have experience working with, or be willing to learn and study up on the current social issues surrounding sexual exploitation in Calgary and Canada;
• Administrative, with a focus on organization, timeliness, and details;
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written;
• Supervisory experience an asset;
• Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
• Must exercise good judgement in keeping sensitive information confidential;
• Will be provided with a shared office space;
• Must adhere to Next Step Ministries’ values, statement of faith, and code of conduct;
• Must be able to work both individually and on a team.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application with a cover letter AND resume by email to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.